PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS WITH IVF TREATMENTS

The couples who cannot conceive naturally and consult a specialist are given a few medical options and/ or treatments. One of the treatments, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is an artificial reproductive technique that has been implemented and proved successful a number of times. Having said that, it is equally important to ensure the male and female human bodies are in a healthy state to be able to produce healthy sperms and eggs respectively. However, there could be some factors that may result in low probability of success with this artificial fertilization technique.

As mentioned above, it is very important for the male and female human bodies to produce healthy sperms and eggs respectively. The quality and quantity of the eggs and the sperms enhance the chances of fertilization in this process. Studies suggest that the age factor has been an obstacle for most of the women trying to get pregnant after the age of 40. This is mainly because women get closer to menopause by this age and the quality and quantity of eggs deteriorates. However, for women in the age bracket of 25 to 29 years with scheduled menstrual cycles and proper ovulation and healthy eggs, this process will prove a 100% successful if the male partner also produces healthy sperms and no further complications arise during the treatment.

For women in their 30s, since menstrual cycle and ovulation are fading or the clock is ticking as they are getting closer to menopause, the probability of success with this technique would differ as women in this age bracket may or may not produce healthy eggs. Studies suggest that eggs retrieved from women aged 30 to 34 years have 50 to 80% chances of fertilization through in vitro fertilization. The probability drops further as the age increases. Women aged between 35 to 37 years have a 30 to 50% chance of success, those between 37 to 40 years of age have about 20 to 30% chances, and those above 40 years have 12 to 20% chances of success. The probability falls further low as the woman’s age increases above 43 years.

Contact Us

Billroth Hospitals,
43, Lakshmi Talkies Road, Shenoy Nagar,
Chennai-30.

+91-44-42921777

+91-7299404040

admin@billrothhospitals.com

Map & Direction

Social Media

Conceptualized, Marketed & Promoted by Anvita Tours2Health Private Limited | HTML Sitemap